Korea University Graduate School

  • Sitemap
  • Directions
  • 한국어

Eligibility & Requirements

01 Q. Where do I get an Apostille? / In which countries does the Apostille Convention apply?

Visit (http://www.hcch.net/index_en.php?act=conventions.status&cid=41) to see the updated list of the countries where Apostille Convention applies.
* If your public document was issued in a country where the Apostille Convention does not apply, you should submit a Certificate of Authentication issued by the Korean Embassy or Consulate in your country.

Visit (http://www.hcch.net/index_en.php?act=conventions.authorities&cid=41) to see the list of all Competent Authorities designated by each country that has joined the Apostille Convention.

Many Competent Authorities do charge for Apostilles. The price among Competent Authorities varies greatly. For practical information of the prices that individual countries charge, see the information available at (http://www.hcch.net/index_en.php?act=conventions.authorities&cid=41).

02 Q. How can I see whether I have graduated from a school in an apostille country? And do I need to submit an apostille?

  1. Please refer to the list of apostille countries attached to the admission guidelines. If you are going to graduate or have graduated from a college in an apostille country, then you need to submit an apostille (certification of degree).

03 Q. I’m already attending graduate school at another institution. Can I transfer to a KU graduate program?

  1. No, KU Graduate School does not accept transfer students.

04 Q. I’m Chinese. Do I need any extra documents?

  1. Yes, as a Chinese student you need to submit (1) a Certificate of Degree from the Ministry of Education, (2) notarized copies of your and your parents’ family register, (3) a copy of your Chinese ID card, and (4) two copies of your ID photo – in addition to other documents that all applicants are required to submit. Please refer to the admission guidelines for more information.

05 Q. Does my recommendation letter need to be from my undergraduate academic advisor in the department I graduated from?

  1. You must submit a recommendation letter from your academic advisor in the department you are about to graduate from or have graduated from. If your advisor has retired or transferred to another institution, your letter may be from another professor in the same department. If you are applying for a graduate program in medicine, the letter should be from your prospective advisor here at KU Graduate School – not your undergraduate advisor.

06 Q. Can I apply for a graduate program in a field of study that differs from my undergraduate major?

  1. Yes, you can. However, you need a medical or dental license in order to be eligible to apply for graduate programs in medicine.