Korea University Graduate School

  • Sitemap
  • Directions
  • 한국어

Required Document

Refer to the Admission Guide to prepare for required documents in detail.

Admission  application form(attach a color photo)


Recommendation letter (no specific form)






Curriculum Vitae(Resume)  and Study Plan (no specific form) 


The official document of TOEFL , IELTS, TEPS or TOPIK 


Financial  resources statement


Release  of Information Form (Please fill it out in English.)


A photocopy of the passport


Identity Documents (applicant's)


Identity Documents (parents')


Every New Admission Guideline will be released on the "Admission Guideline" page so that please confirm the information for sure. ▶ Admission Guide (korea.ac.kr)


Basically, the below requirement is needed to apply for our Graduate Program.

If  the  documents  are  not  in  English,  please  submit  the  documents  translated  into  English  and  notarized(published within 3 months). Korean is possible to be translated into.
Admissions application form (Print it out from Uwayapply.com.)
A recommendation letter from professors of one’s previous (last) university (No specific form)
Certificate of Bachelor’s degree (or certificate of expected graduation) and official transcripts including all transcripts from previous institutes before the transfer (applicants for Master's, doctoral and integrated Master’s and Ph.D. degree programs).
▶ Certificate of Master’s degree (or certificate of expected graduation) and official transcripts(For doctoral program applicants only). 
-In case the transcripts do not include the applicant’s total GPA and an explanation of the school’s grading policies, please submit a letter of GPA verification explaining both. Scholarship applicants should submit GPA scores and total scale based on our grading system definitely for the evaluation.
Study plan (no specific form)
Resume/Curriculum Vitae (no specific form)
TOEFL, IELTS, TEPS or TOPIK test scores
* The Institutional Testing Program (ITP) TOEFL is not valid.
* Applicants for scholarships must submit a TOEFL, IELTS, TEPS or TOPIK score.
ETS can send original TOEFL score reports directly to the Graduate School admissions office. The ETS DI reporting code for the Graduate School of Korea University is 7589.
Countries exempt from the English proficiency requirement
- Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada, Commonwealth of Dominica, Fiji, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
Please note: If native English-speakers (or applicants who have completed their degree program (Bachelor's or higher) in English speaking countries) want to apply for a scholarship, a TOEFL, IELTS, TEPS or TOPIK test score is mandatory. Please keep in mind you should submit the original hard copy not digital version sent by postal service only. Without the original official language test score report, you can't apply for the scholarship.
Financial resources statement
Submit a bank statement showing a minimum balance of US$20,000 (Seoul Campus) / US$18,000 (Sejong Campus) or the same amount of the applicant’s country’s currency issued within the past three months.
Financial support form by the tutor professor at the Korea University Graduate School (with the tutor professor’s certificate of employment): If you don’t have the required minimum balance, a financial support form with your tutor professor's certificate of employment can be submitted in its place.
* However, when you apply for your visa from the Korean Consulate, Embassy or Immigration, you must submit a bank statement. (The financial support will not be acceptable.)
Information release form (Print it out from Uwayapply.com.)
Application fee: KRW 120,000 + commission fee KRW 7,000 (Payable on the Uwayapply website)
A photocopy of your passport (A copy of an alien registration card is required only for Korean residents.)
▶ Nationality Proof (Relationship Document of your family)
Additional Required Documents for Chinese Applicants
▶ Chinese applicants who graduated from a Chinese university must submit a degree certificate issued by China Academic Degrees & Graduation Education Information (http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn). In that case, translated (in English) and notarized copies of the applicant’s degree and certificate of graduation issued by university should be additionally submitted. Applicants who are expected to graduate should submit the certificate of expected graduation or the certificate of enrollment (or registration) issued by university.
▶ If the official transcript is written in Chinese, please submit the document translated into English and notarized.
▶ (Chinese students in Korea) If you submit a bank statement issued by a bank in China, we recommend that you freeze your bank account with a minimum balance of RMB 130,000  (Seoul Campus) / RMB 120,000 (Sejong Campus) until  August 31, 2021.
(Chinese students in China) For Chinese applicants who will apply for a D-2 (student visa) visa in China, we recommend that you freeze your bank account with a minimum balance above until February 28, 2022.