Hyundai Motor Chung Mong-Koo Global Scholarship
Contents: Select and support future global talents who will contribute to the mutual development of ASEAN and Korea
International students from the eight ASEAN member states (Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Laos) who are newly enrolled in a postgraduate course (master, doctorial, or master-doctor combined courses) in Korea University
Future New Industrial Area, Natural Sciences or Engineering(Information, Intelligence, Technology, Bio Health, Energy-related), Economy/Business/Management, future science and engineering industries (intelligent information technology, bio-health, and new energy industry), Korean Language, Korean Studies, etc.
Award Benefits: Tuition fee(100%), Living expenses(about USD 900 /1month), Arrival support(about USD 2,200 - only 1 time payment)
How to apply
: Twice a year (December and June) through Korea University Graduate School International Admission
- Please contact your applicable department in advance when you apply for this based on the above majors
- Spring / Fall semester during online application period
- Selection method: Recommendations from each partner university and review by the foundation
Special Note: Scholarships are available for Master(within 4 semesters), PhD(within 8 semesters), Integrated Master-PhD(within 10 semesters)
POSCO Asia Fellowship
POSCO TJ Park Foundation operates 「POSCO Asia Fellowship」program to support young prospective intellectuals to grow as global leaders through master’s or Doctoral courses in Korea.
• Asians that earned bachelor’s degree who have the potential to grow as a leader in their respective country
• Students seeking enrollment in Korean graduate school in spring semester of 2022 or Fall semester of 2022
※Those who hold the citizenship of non-Asian countries or Korea are excluded
• All majors
• Master’s: Tuition and living expenses for 4 semesters
• Doctoral & Integrated Ph.D: Tuition for 6 semesters and living expenses for 4 semesters (Living expenses: KRW 1,000,000/month)
• Health insurance expenses, settlement expenses, Korean class and TOPIK grant, etc.
• Internship opportunity, Korean cultural experiences, etc.
How to apply
Thorugh POSCO TJ Foundation Asia Feloowship Program Team during KU application period for spring and fall semeter
POSCO TJ Foundation Recommendation ► KU selection and notice to POSCO ► Final Selection
For more information, https://www.postf.org/en/page/asia/scholar.do
Pony Chung Vietnam Scholarship
Pony Chung Foundation Signed agreements with Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam National University and Hanoi, each in 2006 and 2007, and started its Vietnam Scholarship program. In additon, Pony Chung Foundation started this intensive program by signing an agreement with the Korea University Graduate School to continuously support the Vietnamese scholarship recipients to carry on their studies. The program is open to previous Pony Chung Vietnam Scholarship recipients who have graduated from university with outstanding academic performances, and is preparing to study abroad for a master’s course. Up to 2017, Pony Chung Foundation invited 9 students and granted them more than 240 million KRW.
Selection Process and Grants
Through the foundation’s screening process, two students would be selected as final recipients among students who have been admitted to Korea University graduate school.
Master degree in all majors
- admission fee, full tuition fee, a monthly living expense of 900,000 KRW
- maximum 500,000 KRW for thesis assessment and printing, round-trip flight ticket, etc.
- March: Recommendation
- May: Screening
- June: Final Recipients Announced
- December: Scholarship Awards Ceremony
For more information, http://www.ponychung.org/eng/programs/scholarship-vietnam.do
"Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT): for ASEAN Faculty Members Enrolled in Graduate Programs"
Target : Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei, Singapore (10 Countries)
Track : PhD
Major : Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering
- Scholarship Period: 3 years of Doctoral programs
◦ Round-trip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class ticket.
◦ Monthly Allowance: 1,100 USD per month.
◦ Relocation (Settlement) Allowance (one time only): 300 USD upon arrival
◦ Tuitions: All admission fees are waived by the host institution.
◦ Dissertation Printing Costs: 400~600 USD, depending on the actual costs.
◦ Language Training Fee and Medical Insurance: the amount of coverage or benefits will vary depending on each university.
◦ Others: various incidental allowances depend on universities
- KCUE requirements
◦ Applicants who have a citizenship of an ASEAN country, and are professor working at a university in his/her home country.
◦ Applicants who are lecturing at a 4-year college/university * level of HEI: bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
◦ Applicants who have the highest educational attainment are master’s degree or its equivalent.
◦ Applicants who are in good health both physically and mentally to allow them to pursue their studies while residing in Korea for the long term.
◦ Applicants who have discussed about their study leave with the university they originally belong to, as well as about how to contribute to their school after their return.
◦ Applicants who are younger than 45 years old as of the day that the doctoral course starts.
◦ Applicants who have sufficient level of proficiency in Korean language or English.
- University requirements
◦ Applicants who meet the university’s additional requirements
How to apply : 1) submit application form via E-mail(email@example.com)
2) submit all application documents(including application form) to Graduate School Office
Admission application form
downloadable from http://graduate2.korea.ac.kr/gradeng/about/notice.do?mode=view&articleNo=146402&article.offset=0&articleLimit=10&totalNoticeYn=N&totalBoardNo=